Sunday, February 2, 2020

Final Impressions

For my last blog post I wanted to do a general overview of my experience and where it has inspired me to go in the future. This experience has been pretty amazing. Thinking back on the wealth of activity that I have delighted with is incredible. We did so much in a short time. 

My main three takeaways were seeing the city of Salzburg, listening to the magnificent Berlin Philharmonic perform Mahler’s sixth symphony, and enjoying all of the splendid food and drink in good company. Hanging with Dr. Powell and Dr. Brown was another highlight of the trip. They are about the coolest professors one could ask for.

This trip has inspired my to explore more of Europe. I was already planning on doing so before the trip, but now my flame to do so is even stronger. The next time I go to Europe will be to see more of the Alpine range that I saw in Salzburg. I believe that this range extends far, and is close if not connected to other mountain ranges in Switzerland and Italy. Possibly a backpacking trip is what I need? 




Observing London from the airplane window was also exciting. Such a cool city with a wealth of history. I tried La Froigg scotch whiskey for the first time on this trip and have fallen in love with it. I would love to explore London, and the make my way up to Scotland to see where La Froigg is made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment