Monday, February 3, 2020

Trip Wrap Up



After being home for about a day now, I’ve had a chance to really think about the trip as a whole.  From the general sights and tours, to the museums, and the spectacular performances, this study away class was amazing.  I learned so much about not just the history of music, but also the history of all the cities we went to in general, and how in every place we visited music is such a big part of that history.  They respect and honor the great musicians and composers that once lived in these cities and it was awesome to see and hear that gratitude expressed in the performances we went to. 

Vienna
Being a musician myself, hearing some of the best concerts the world has to offer was very inspiring.  Not being able to practice my instrument for almost a month was tough especially considering all this amazing music going on around me.  Seeing the work and effort that goes into these high-level groups really made me just want to get back and be able to continue pursuing that level of musicianship in my own playing.  
Prague

Berlin



Lastly, as soon as I got back, the big question was “so what was your favorite city?”.  I thought about this for a bit, and while yes, I have a list of my favorites, it was so hard to make it because of how truly different and unique each of the cities were.  Each had its own special things about it that would certainly draw me to come back in the future, and that’s one of the biggest take-aways for me.  That in a heartbeat, I would get back on a plane and continue to explore new places and seek out more great cities and great music.  
Leipzig

Salzburg

No comments:

Post a Comment