Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Home sweet home

What a trip! This course has been more than I could have possibly asked for. I cannot imagine a better suited trip for me I am so happy we got the opportunity to experience Europe in a musical way that let us explore so many important landmarks.

Thanks Dr. Powell for putting in so much work and care to make the itinerary as detailed and exciting as you did. It would have been easy to put in half the events and let us wander but you made sure we all stayed busy and learning constantly. I would have never went to so many historical places that are so significant in the history of each of these cities. I also appreciate that our tours were by some fantastic guides who were passionate about their city and ready to teach us all they could.
The shows we got to watch were out of this world! I do not know how I will ever watch another performance without comparing it to the outstanding performances we got to see. I will say that after this trip I learned that I am not the biggest fan of opera. I sure did try but I just don't think it is my cup of tea. Ballet on the other hand is quite fun and I really enjoyed getting to see some shows I would not have chosen alone.

Post-trip sadness is real and I wish we could go back already but it is time for another semester here at Plu and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go on this trip. If anyone is ever wandering if they should study away or even start traveling I could not encourage it enough that you will not regret it. This trip will be one I remember forever, it is going to be a hard to one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment