Saturday, February 1, 2020

Wrapping Up Vienna One Last Time!

The View of the Balcony 
Vienna is for sure one of my two favorite cities. Everything about it is beautiful, well for the most part. I had some very fun yet interesting experiences for the second time being here. We only had three days this time around so I had to make the most of it. We saw two performances across the short three days... well I guess it was more like two and a half days. The day we took the train over we had a performance that night, we watched the Vienna Symphoniker Orchestra. What a performance, I got lucky enough to be in the back balcony where I was able to see the whole orchestra. The hall was very pretty as well and from the back it gave me the opportunity to see the whole hall at the same time I was watching the performance. The piano soloist was outstanding, you could really see her dedication to music and that she was there to make music for others to enjoy, she even came back out for a small encore and played Moonlight Sonata.

The Cute Monkey 
The next day we had a ton of free time to just go out and explore before our last group dinner. Benjamin and I decided to go do a couple of things we wanted to do but didn't get around to the first time. The first thing we did was go to Haus des Meeres, this is an aqua terra zoo. We got to see things from fish to monkeys, and much more. My favorite part of the whole thing was the room that you walked into and there were monkeys, fish, tortoise, bats and birds. ALL in ONE room. We walked right up to some monkeys and while there was a sign that said not to touch them, I couldn't resist my animal loving self. The monkey was so soft... but he made it clear that he didn't want to really be pet by swatting a hand at me and then bouncing away along a vine. But it was okay because he kept watching us and coming closer, maybe the monkey thought it was a game. I was very happy.

Then, after the aqua terra zoo, we went to a tower that was way off in the distance that Benjamin spotted. We took the tram over and decided to walk right up and found that we could actually go inside and take a look from the top. Well they also had a café up at the top that slowly rotated so you could eat lunch and take in the view. We enjoyed a delicious lunch, I had chicken strips on a cucumber potato salad. Quite a unique combination but a very good one at that. We sat up there for over an hour just chatting and taking in views. A nice relaxing afternoon.


I will be writing one last post about this trip so be prepared for it to be a little emotional since this trip is really over. I am writing this from the London Heathrow airport getting ready to board the second flight to be home. See you soon America!

No comments:

Post a Comment