Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Once more Vienna!

Hooray! This trip has been amazing all around but I do love Vienna and am glad we got the opportunity to return and explore the city once more. This time around was much more relaxed and kind of just some free time to go out and have fun around the city and souvenir shop a bit. This time around I visited many souvenir shops on a hunt for a sweatshirt to bring home. during my hunt I found many stores that carried all the same 5 sweatshirts, and I of course decided I do not care for any of them so I continued on my hunt and eventually found one in a discount souvenir shop that I had not seen anywhere else! Inside one of the souvenir stores I read a sign that said "best photo of St.Stephens upstairs" so of course I had to check it out and I will say that I did get a pretty great picture. On my hunt I also managed to pick up some classic Manner wafer cookies and some gummi bears to bring home. My family will not be short on european snacks any time soon!
Souvenir shop view of St.Stephens

During our trip we also made some stops to some of our favorite food places when we first visited. the first day we went back to an Argentinian restaurant in the Naschmarkt and we were almost more impressed the second time around because we got extra of an amazing bread with garlic butter. The next day Janelle and I went back to a little bistro and got some pesto pasta which was less exciting than the first time we went. I don't know if it is because of the other pastas we experienced or if it was just not as good this time around.

Lucky for us we got to finish up the trip with some pretty stellar performances one at the Musikvereinssaal and one back at the Wiener Staatsoper. The first we went to was the Vienna symphony and we got to sit front row! Front row was a ton of fun because we could see the performers faces very well and it was kinda funny I noticed one of the flute players counting on his fingers and getting ready for each entrance. The other performance we went to was the opera Otello which was breath taking. It was quite the dramatic performance and I found it to be very easy to follow when our monitors with translation were actually working. The monitors went out quite a few times but lucky for us it was still easy enough to sort of follow what was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment