Saturday, February 1, 2020

Until Next Time



I don’t know where to start because this month was packed with amazing adventures and sites. I remember getting to Vienna and being on cloud nine. Everything looked so extravagant and I could believe the grandeur of the city was real. Like I said in one of my first posts, it looks like real life Disney. At this point on the trip, I had no idea what was in store for me. I thought Vienna was amazing then I thought Prague was even better. By the time we got to Leipzig we felt like travel coinsures. I liked Leipzig because it was rather small, but it wasn’t my favorite city. Berlin was very cool to experience but also not my favorite.  The we got to Salzburg!
Just One of The Many Beautiful Churches We Experienced
Salzburg was special because it was surrounded by mountains and pure beauty. Salzburg was also where we saw amazing show after show, and it was something I will never experience again. I remember asking some of my classmates what a bad performance sounds like because we didn’t experience one. I haven’t really been to a performance since I was probably in middle school or maybe high school and I was treated with such amazing music while here so I couldn’t really understand what a mistake is in a performance.
A couple highlights from the trip certainly include the Hohensalzburg Fortress because it felt like we were conquering the mountain. I think the Vienna Philharmonic and Berlin Philharmonic were some of my favorites. For the Vienna Symphoniker orchestra our seats were so close I noticed one of the violinists was missing an aglet on his shoelace. I quite literally could have touched the violinist on the foot if I wanted.
Our View For The Vienna Symphoniker Orchestra
 I honestly don’t think I will ever experience anything like just one of the performances let alone a month’s worth again in my life. I am afraid I have become a music snob, but one-time Powell told me the goal of this trip is to see once in a lifetime performances and we certainly achieved that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment