Saturday, February 1, 2020

Salzburg (The Hill Are Alive) πŸ”

From the first few of Salzburg, it looks like this place straight out of a movie. I mean it is in the sound of music but you all understand what I mean it is just absolutely beautiful. I am a little jealous that people get to call this amazing county side home all year long. One of the first things I noticed on the train was the snow-capped mountain rain which just gave the whole area this sense of peace and coziness

Our tour through Salzburg was really fun and knowledgeable. Our tour guide knew where the best places and things to do in Salzburg where mind you most of them were already on our itinerary. Salzburg may be a small town but there are some amazing things to do. First, the Salzburg Cathedral is just beautiful. Our tour guide told us that during the war a boom was accidentally dropped and it land right in the center of the dome and the dome had to be redone. The cathedral also has 5 organs!!
                
While we were in Salzburg it was also Mozart week. This was really something interesting to me because I knew that he was born there but from everything I have learned about him he really did not like Salzburg and they have made a huge deal out of Mozart. It really fascinating I think. But that is beside the point in Salzburg I got to hear both the best oboe player I have ever heard in my life and also go to see the amazing opera Le Nozze di Figaro which is now my favorite opera. After the show, I stock around to say hello and thank you to the conductor of the show AndrΓ‘s Schiff.
On one of the days in Salzburg, we got to go up to the fortes which I have to say is really worth the hike up there the views are absolutely amazing! 

Heres a small vid I took from my GoPro of a few from the palace:
Salzburg was an amazing small little town. I would love to visit in the future especially in the summer during the Mozart festival.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment