Thursday, January 30, 2020

Hohensalzburg

Salzburg has this attraction called the hohensalzburg fortress which sounds super cool and is super cool but can I just say if you ever go here unless you are prepared and ready to hike at a steep incline on a dirt road that is quite slippery when it is cold and wet outside I would consider taking the little lift up to the top. Oh the fortress is on top of a hill/mountain so there are two ways up and I will admit the hike was beautiful but it was challenging and my face was bright red when I got to the top. Once I cooled down at the top I was able to embrace the beauty of Salzburg. Views from the Fortress Aside from the hike the fortress was fantastic. 
Views from the Fortress

Our tour took us through the history of the fortress and we got to see cool artifacts of weapons, soldiers uniforms, and even childrens toys from the time. Our tour was special because thanks to Dr. Powell we were taken where the general public cannot see on a normal day. Some of the things we got to visit were the old kitchen which had a massive pizza type oven that had the capacity for over a hundred loaves of bread in case of an emergency situation. Our tour guide also took us into a room where they held Nazi prisoners after WWII for a little bit and the room was quite creepy. After the tour Janelle was not feeling the best, so we decided it was probably best to go back to our hotel for a nap before dinner. We get back to the room and I, the one who is not sick, lay down and slept from 2pm to 6pm and somehow I still managed to sleep through the night after dinner. Easy to say that Salzburg kept us busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment