Sunday, January 12, 2020

Time Alone

It has been pretty a week since we set out on our tour of central Europe, and with no offense to my peers and teachers, my favorite time spent in these two cities has been walking around, near aimlessly, by myself.


In Vienna, I spent that time walking to and from the Worldmuseum(see my last post), and this time in Prague I visited a nearby park and took a leisurely stroll. Although it was cold, and at the top of the hill the wind was a little brisk, it was sunny and slowly getting warmer throughout the morning. My main goal was to see the Prague Metronome - an art piece, placed in the former base of a statue of Stalin.
Although the metronome wasn't functioning, it was still very striking. It is covered nearly head to toe(at least the base, not the stick of the metronome) in graffiti, and the stick of the metronome is the only red that can be seen on the hill. Looking out from the top of the hill, it is also in a very prominent position - three very long and wide streets are parallel to the river that it overlooks.

I also was able to observe residents of this beautiful city, and just people-watch as they also strolled the park. Many dogs were out playing, some parents with young children in strollers, playing in parks, or skateboarding around. I think we often forget how similar we all are, despite however many miles we are from each other.

Keep on reading everyone's posts to get a full story of our trip!
#LutesAway

No comments:

Post a Comment