Friday, January 10, 2020

Wrapping Up Vienna!

Wow! Vienna is such a beautiful place with so much to see and so many things to do. We started off our first night with a group dinner, I had a schnitzel and beer... nope, not a big fan of beer. But the shnitzel was delicious. It is very interesting to me that a lot of the restaurants are down in the cellar but it is also really cool that they have musicians playing while you eat.
Benjamin, Jerdil, Frank, and I before ordering our food!
 The next morning we went on a tour of the city with one of Dr. Powell's friends; Herbert. We saw many neat places on the tour such as St. Stephens Cathedral, one of the houses Mozart lived in while he was in Vienna, and the Vienna Opera House, just to name a few. It was a beautiful tour! After our tour with Herbert we got to go to lunch and a few of us went to Café Mozart, I had goulash soup and hot chocolate for lunch. You'll never believe this... they were playing Beethoven... what even? While that was a little odd the food was delicious and the hot chocolate was even better! It was super rich and creamy. We are also finding out that they do not typically separate the checks when you are sitting at a table with others. It gets a little confusing when most of us still only have large bills. But, we make it work!
Café Mozart Hot Chocolate
The next night we went to a Ballet titled Onegin. I, personally, have only seen the Nutcracker so this was amazing to me. There was so much talent surrounding us, from each member in the pit orchestra to each person in the ballet. I was simply amazed at the beauty of this whole ballet and how well executed it was. The conductor of the pit orchestra truly brought the Tchaikovsky pieces to life. The whole ballet was so well rehearsed that I did not see one person out of step/line, that is amazing! I cannot wait to see the next ballet we go to!
 Brooklyn, Derek, Benjamin, and I at the Vienna State Opera House


No comments:

Post a Comment