Thursday, January 30, 2020

We love Berlin!

What a cool city! Berlin has by far been the most modern city we have stayed and with that comes some really amazing perks but also some things that were a little bit more difficult. Day one we went on a tour with a guide named Jesse and the tour itself was fantastic and informative like always but.. it was extremely cold! The cold felt like little needles all over my face even when I was all bundled up the wind seemed to win. Berlin was urban and fast paced. I found myself being a bit more social in this environment because there are many late night type of places.

In Berlin we had a free day which we ended up going to the museum under the holocaust museum, got lunch, went to a spy museum, and of course did some shopping. The spy museum had gadgets and many interactive stations that catered to many age groups. Three students in their early twenties sure did enjoy it especially the laser maze and lip reading tests. Much like Leipzig there was Primark, actually there were 3 Primarks which we obviously went to all of them. Primark does not disappoint and I picked up an extra show outfit for pretty cheap so I was quite excited about that!
New Primark Outfits!

Finally we got to experience probably my favorite concert so far THE BERLIN PHILHARMONIC. WOWZA The Berlin Philharmonic was beyond words and it was so exciting where we sat. Our seats ended up being right behind the orchestra( I sat right behind the gong) and we sat there watching the whole thing as if we were performing as well. I loved being able to watch the conductors face and see the performers having fun and playing with such intensity. You could see just how much these artists love their job and how proud they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment