Friday, January 31, 2020

Holy Berlin!!



Well, where to start Berlin is just a fantastic place. I feel like all the blog posts I do start the same way, but boy every city is just amazing in there own way. Berlin has been a beautiful home for almost a week. I got my first tattoo ever here in Berlin, which I do have to say is going to be a memory that will be on me for a lifetime lol!! 

Our city tour was fantastic got to learn so much about how the city operates during World War Two and how the city has been thriving to remember there past and how they have created monuments to remember those who were lost during World War Two. From the killing of millions of Jews to African Americans, Homosexuals and the list goes on. It's interesting to see how a city tries to come to terms with what happened. 

Berlin honestly has some fantastic view from the first day you could see the blue sky and the incredible landscape of the city. From museum island to the cathedral of Berlin to the Brandenburg gate and on is just a high road of fantastic architecture and sculptures. Beyond sides, the view the food and DRINKS were terrific some of the best meals I have had so far were in Berlin. From a fantastic Burger to amazing Mexican food to some kick-ass Italian food just amazing all around.  

It is interesting to see how just within the span of a few days at a city you would like to make it your home for a short while. One of my favorite moments while in Berlin would have to be riding one of the lime scooters through the Brandenburg gate. Which I thought to be funny since both Napoleon and Hitler went through the gate when both came to power in Germany. 
While there, I got to go to the Berlin Cathedral, which has an amazing few of the city. The inside of the cathedral was just beautiful. The dome is just amazing. Below you will see my favorite pictures I took inside of the temple I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! The first one going from left to right is the Berlin Cathedral from the outside. The middle picture is the view once you walk in. The image on the right is the dome of the cathedral. The bottom left photo is the cathedral organ!! Which is just beautiful!! The last picture on the bottom right from the balcony section of the temple. 

 
                 

In Berlin, we got to see two incredible performances. The first one was Andra Chenier which to this point has been my favorite opera that we have watched. The second performance we attended was the Berlin Philharmonic, and I do not have words to explain what that performance was like. Honestly, it was just life-changing and it made me want to go home and practice my Euphonium lol. Mahler's 6th is the first Mahler piece I have heard performed live, so now I feel like anything else I here might be a little bit of a letdown, but that's ok.  
   

Thank you, Berlin, for being a fantastic home I am looking forward to the day we meet again!! ❤️
                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment