Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Prague!!!

While in Prague I got to experience some delicious delicious dessert, a hilarious ballet, and I even got left behind at the train stop alone! Dessert was the shining star of prague for me personally. The first night we arrived Janelle, Sarah, and I went exploring for dessert and came across so many options including gelato, macarons, and trdelnik and we opted for the traditional Trdnelnik as it seemed to be at every other shop we passed. This dessert was like a churro donut in cone form and the one we purchased was filled with Vanilla ice cream. Some of the other options were jam, caramel, gelato of many flavors, and whipped cream and I wish we had the time and stomach space to try them all but sadly that was not possible. Janelle and Sarah got Macarons the next night and they both said they were delicious, crumbly, and, melted in your mouth. Moving away from dessert, we got to go to a hilarious ballet called Leonce and Lena. The ballet was quite modern and feautured dancers with amazing acting skills and the ability to be silly and more than just pretty like many dancers I have seen before. This was my personal favorite show we have been to so far but I have high hopes for the following performances as we still have many more to come. Finally I got a wee bit left behind at the transit stop. Janelle, Sarah, and I were getting ready to head to the opera at the National Theatre and we started to debate what train to get on right as the train was pulling up and without much thought Janelle and Sarah jumped on the train and as I started to the doors closed and I was then alone. I sat there panicked for a few minutes as they frantically texted me the details to get to the theatre on my own and then I saw a few other students and was able to ride with them instead. Its safe to say I was not alone for too long but I now have afun little story to talk about the one time I got stranded in Prague!

No comments:

Post a Comment