Saturday, January 11, 2020

Oh Vienna!


What a city! Vienna the first stop on our trip to Europe has been quite the journey in so many aspects. While in Vienna, we got the opportunity to see beautiful architecture, eat amazing food, and even celebrate my 20th birthday. The first couple of days we mostly took time to learn about the history of the city. A favorite of mine was the St. Stephen's Cathedral, at the cathedral you could feel the history around you and it just felt so special. This place has high ceilings, candles everywhere, catacombs below, and around 7 services everyday. 

Now the food was a little harder for me personally because I tend to be a picky eater so I had a harder time finding things I thought would be good. Now, I am definitely not one to be critiquing the food but there was a lot of traditional Austrian food, but for picky ones like me there was also food I was more familiar with and comfortable to eat. I plan to work on expanding my choices as we continue this trip, otherwise it will be quite difficult to ever find anything.

On Wednesday the 8th I turned 20 in Austria! On my birthday we went to the Kunsthistorische Museum and took a tour that we got to see some beautiful art and learn some really interesting stories and background information. After the tour Janelle, Sarah, and I went for lunch and explored the shops for a few hours before the Ballet Onegin by Tchaikovsky. The ballet was an awesome way to end my birthday. The dancers told the story in a way that felt effortless and natural making it more enjoyable than I could ever imagine. The orchestra was fantastic as well and the balance between the two just showed how artistic and thoughtful this program was.


No comments:

Post a Comment