Monday, January 20, 2020

Wrapping up Prague

Every time I start to type for one of my blogs the first thing that I type always seems to be, “Wow!” But then I remember that’s how I started my last post and I have to try and think of a new way to start it. Everything about all of the cities we have been to makes me just want to say wow! It’s so beautiful here and I’ve gotten to have so many new experiences. 
View from the top of the tower
Prague was quite a time! Our group went to a Czech Folklore Dinner Show one of the first few nights we were there. There was live music and dancing. And the violin player could play 32nd notes like it was no ones business. When the dancers came out they invited people to learn a dance and come and dance with them in front of everyone. Well, of course Benjamin and I were sitting right up front and we were the first people to be invited up to dance with them. I was pretty embarrassed and I could not stop laughing. For those that know me, you know I’m not a very good dancer... so I was laughing the entire time. But! It was very memorable. 
Folklore Dinner Show
A couple days later we got to go to an instrument museum. There were so many different instruments here. Things like the Organ, Pianos, Flutes, Strings, Clarinets, this list could go on and on. Of course the thing that I sat and faced at was the wall of flutes. For those that do not know me, I’ve played the flute since I was in fifth grade. It’s been a very special part of my life. There were a couple of piccolos and a ton of flutes. The two piccolos are at the top of the picture. While we were not allowed to play them as they were behind glass, I sat there and imagined myself in a practice room playing the beautiful white instrument that is the fifth flute down in the image. 
Flute Wall

I am loving my time here and it is an experience that is a one in a lifetime thing. All of these concerts and people I get to be around is just amazing. I hope you’ve enjoyed my posts thus far and continue to read them! I look forward to writing the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment